PREFER TO WAtch this article as a video ?
Thailand, a top tourist destination known for its pristine beaches, rich culture, and vibrant nightlife, has been a favorite among Indian travelers. One of the reasons for its popularity is the ease of obtaining a Visa on Arrival (VOA) for Indian passport holders. This guide provides comprehensive details about the VOA process for Indians.
- The VOA is exclusively for tourism purposes.
- The applicant must possess a genuine passport with a validity exceeding 30 days from the date of entry into Thailand.
- The traveler should hail from one of the 19 approved countries, which includes India.
- Arrival in Thailand: Eligible travelers can apply for the VOA directly at designated immigration checkpoints in Thailand.
- Required Documents:
- A valid passport.
- A confirmed return ticket, ensuring the traveler exits Thailand within 15 days. Open tickets might not be accepted.
- A verifiable accommodation address in Thailand, which could be a hotel booking or an apartment address.
- Proof of funds amounting to at least 10,000 THB for individual travelers and 20,000 THB for families.
- VOA Fee: A fee of 2,000 THB is applicable for the Visa on Arrival. This fee is payable in cash, and only Thai currency is accepted.
Duration and Extensions:
- The Visa on Arrival permits a stay of 15 days in Thailand.
- Extensions might be possible under specific circumstances, but travelers are advised to check with Thai Immigration authorities.
- Travelers might be asked to present their flight ticket upon entering Thailand. If one doesn’t have a flight ticket showing exit from Thailand within the stipulated time, they might be denied entry.
- Overland travel to neighboring countries like Cambodia, Laos, Malaysia, etc., is not accepted as proof of exiting Thailand.
The Visa on Arrival system in Thailand offers a convenient way for Indian travelers to explore the country without the need for prior visa arrangements. By understanding the requirements and ensuring all documents are in order, Indian tourists can enjoy a hassle-free entry into the Land of Smiles.
Please note that while this article provides an in-depth overview, it’s always recommended to consult with legal experts or the official Thai embassy for the most accurate and up-to-date information.